It’s day 2 on our potty training adventure. Here’s what I’ve learned so far;
1. You must watch your child like a hawk!!! Literally the second your back is turned, they will pee.
2. You must fill up your child with juice. You need litres of pee pees to give them ample opportunities to practice.
3. The first successful pee pee on the potty is the best feeling in the world, for both of you. Better than any anti depressant I’m on.
4. Little boys love to show off their accomplishment to daddy!!! Don’t clean out the potty too quickly.
5. There’s no need for treats or bribes. Ample praise and high fives is all that’s needed. His little face is a treasure to behold, when he’s showing off his pee pee in the potty.
6. Keep floot wipes at the ready and guard soft furnishings relentlessly.
7. Prepare to sound silly as you adopt your little ones phrasing. In our case it’s “Po pees!!!!”